Vitamins IV Medicine Homeopathy Hydrotherapy
All IVs are custom-formulated for each patient on the day of treatment, and are administered by Dr. Wiggin and her specially trained medical assistant.
Common indications for these therapies include:
- Heavy metal chelation
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Cancer Supportive care: Vit C, B17, DMSO, DCA
- Neurodegenerative disorders
- Depletion following chronic illness
- Re-hydration for athletes
- Support for tissue repair and healing
- Support for detoxification
- Support for chronic liver disease
- Acute and chronic infections and many other health concerns
Hydrotherapy is a historical therapeutic method based on an empirical approach to disease and health. Hydrotherapy considers that the one’s inherent natural defenses are capable of overcoming most diseases. The physician’s role is to stimulate or re-establish this exceptional potential present in each of us, with the help of medicines.
Hydrotherapy utilize the fluctuating stimulation of hot and cold water applied to the body. The basis for this modality is two essential principles:
- The application of warm water causes vasodilitation, or opening up of the blood vessels, increasing blood flow. This facilitates the loss of internal heat during fevers and facilitates movement when there is circulatory stasis, for instance, diabetic ulcers. The application of cold water causes the opposite reaction of blood vessel constriction, which facilitates to move blood from where it is stagnant. The orchestration of these in fluctuation is a powerful means to increase circulation and bring new oxygenation and healing.
- The feet and hands reflex to the head and heart. Utilizing hydrotherapy on the feet as Warming Socks treatment can help one sleep better through the night, and decrease nasal congestion due to colds and flu.
Hydrotherapy is also distinguished by the individualization of the treatment. For a Naturopathic Physician, there are no diseases, only sick people. Hydrotherapeutic modalities can specifically applied to a person for individualized treatment, or given generally to the entire body for tonification and overall wellness, as in Constitutional Hydrotherapy.
Please contact Dr. Wiggin to find out how hydrotherapy can help you and your family overcome many illnesses.
Education, Experience & Compassion
Licensed Naturopathic Physician
Dr. Katherine Wiggin, a graduate of the National College of Naturopathic Medicine who also has 10 years of experience as a holistic Natural Therapeutic Specialist, conducts her practice with compassion and care for the whole health of each patient. Her philosophy is to educate both the patient and the parent, and to provide natural alternative health solutions for common illnesses experienced in children and the whole family (eg, ear infections, eczema, ADD/ADHD, asthma, allergies). Her family practice treats adults as well as teenagers, toddlers and infants.